Deadline: August 31, 2017.
About University: Since its foundation in 1810, the Scuola Normale Superiore has built a reputation as one of the most successful universities – not only in Italy but at an international level – in terms of offering to its student’s ideal conditions to train and develop skills in the field of scientific research.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Country of Study: Italy
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded for a PhD course in “Data Science” at the Scuola Normale Superiore.
Scholarship Benefits: Amount of the scholarship:
- The scholarship for the PhD course in “Data Science” has the same amount of the other PhD scholarships provided by the SNS, according to with the article 9 of the Regulation for the PhD courses at SNS. The scholarship is paid in twelve deferred equal monthly instalments, subject to the fulfilment of students’ academic duties.
- For the academic year 2017-2018 the scholarship for the PhD course is equal to 15,012.00 euros including a lodging allowance. Students also have the right to free meals at the facilities of the SNS or at facilities with agreements with the SNS for the duration of the course, excluding the periods of academic holidays.
- Successful candidates can apply to utilize their lodging allowance at the SNS residences subject to availability.
- Students on the course can also carry out study and research activities outside the SNS sites; for activities that are formally authorised, they will be assigned additional funds for the purpose.
- Successful candidates who are citizens of countries not belonging to the European Union will be reimbursed for the travelling expenses incurred for the start of the course to a maximum of 1,000.00 euros and on presentation of original and fiscally valid expense receipts, including boarding passes. They can also present a justified request for an advance on the first installment of the scholarship grant.
- PhD students from countries not belonging to the European Union can request, within a year from the end of the course, reimbursement of expenses incurred for their return to their country of provenance, again up to a maximum of 1,000.00 euros and on presentation of original and fiscally valid expense receipts, including boarding passes. Those not completing the course because of forfeiture of the place can also apply for reimbursement providing at least a year has passed since the start of the course.
Number of Scholarships: 8 scholarships are available.